HARLEY HOUSE SURGERY
PURPOSE OF POLICY
To establish the way that Harley House Surgery complies with current environmental management within the surgery
Harley House Surgery is a user of medical equipment, consumables and pharmaceutical products.
POLICY ON ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
We recognise the need to minimise any adverse environmental effects caused as a result of its activities or products, achieving our business objectives in a manner that reflects the changing environmental priorities of our patients and the community. It acknowledges responsibility for and a commitment to protection of the environment at all levels. Harley House Surgery will comply with applicable environmental regulations, laws and codes of practice whilst committing to continuous improvement of our environmental management performance and the prevention of pollution. We recognise that our key adverse environmental impacts are energy, fuel consumption and waste generation. In particular Harley House Surgery will:
- Ensure the Company, its employees and visitors comply with policy and in turn with current legislation;
- Conduct an self-evaluation review of our performance;
- Implement processes and controls to minimise environmental issues.
- Encourage employees to work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Promote employee involvement in environmental matters at all levels.
- Encourage suppliers to operate in an environmentally responsible manner and such encouragement is made a condition of any supply;
- Where appropriate, obtain support from patients by providing them with products and services that are environmentally responsible in use:
- To minimise the generation of waste, to promote the use of sustainable resources and to make use of all materials, supplies and energy;
- Ensure, where possible all waste generated is recycled or disposed of in a responsible manner;
- Continue to encourage and facilitate modes of transport by staff which minimise environmental impact, and to apply environmentally friendly principles to the operation of Company owned cars; therefore reducing fuel usage where possible.
The policy statement is on display at our premises and is made available to the public via our website. Regular reviews and inspections will be carried out to ensure the Environment Management System remains effective
Progress in implementing this policy will be reviewed annually by Miss Janet Hewlett and the Health & Safety Committee and will be communicated to staff via Staff Meetings.
Policy Reviewed 29/03/2016